Monday, September 2, 2013

Seriously, when did heaven get a beach?

Hey Team!

So, I am here! Longue-Pointe de Mingan, working for the Mingan Island Cetacean Study , and honestly, I don't think I've ever been happier. It's a little cold, but that's how summer has been in Canada this year. Otherwise, the town is darling, the people are friendly, the work is interesting and the sea days...

there are no words to describe the experiences I'm having out on the water.

These whales are the most amazing creatures I have ever seen. And I've just been dealing with humpbacks. I don't know what I would do if I came across a fin or blue (which I'm told is not too likely to happen anymore. Sad, as this is a big reason why I'm here).

This has definitely been feeling really, really right. I'm only 2 weeks in, still the "honeymoon" phase of things, but sometimes I think when you know, you know. I don't really believe in love at first sight, but maybe now I'm more of a believer.

There will be detailed posts about the station, the boat days, the office days and fun facts about the animals I get the privilege of studying. It's such a short internship, and I have to start thinking about the next step right now, but for the moment I just want to soak up the experience.

That's it for me. Keep an eye on the blog for posts going forward (and maybe a couple going backwards too!)

Speak Loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment